6 Group Classes ($300+)
Teach your dog the behaviors essential to surviving in NYC and gain training skills that will help you both outside of the classroom!
In this urban-focused version of our basic manners class, you’ll learn how to improve your dog’s behavior around the home and on busy New York City streets. This class focuses on building skills learned in Puppy Kindergarten, Group Orientation or an Introductory Private Consult to set your dog up for successful and stress-free city living. Essential for all city dwellers, this class is appropriate for beginners as well as dogs who have had some training already.
DAYS & TIMES
Wednesdays: 7:45-8:45 PM
Sundays: 3:00-4:00 PM
View Prep School Class Calendar >>
• For dogs 5 months and older
• Prerequisite: Either Puppy Kindergarten or Group Orientation or an Introductory Private Session
• Rolling enrollment – begin as soon as your orientation is complete
• Classes may be taken in any order; 16 weeks to complete
• Dogs should have no aggression history. Not sure what that means? Email us!
• Vaccination requirements for this course below
NEW STUDENTS: CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING PLANS:
Prep School + Group Orientation ($330)
Prep School + Private Orientation at our Center ($425)
Prep School ($300)
Class A: SIT & GREETINGS
Topics: Facilitating Polite Greetings with Humans & Other Dogs
Behaviors: Attention & Sit
Class B: LEAVE IT & SELF CONTROL
Topics: Self Control & Facilitating Polite Greetings with Humans
Behaviors: Attention, Drop It & Leave It
Class C: LEASH WALKING
Topics: Leash Walking & Greeting Other Dogs on Leash
Behaviors: Attention & Polite Leash Walking
CLASS D: DOWN & RELAXATION
Topics: Relaxation & Settling in a New Environment
Behaviors: Attention, Down & Go to Place
Class E: ATTENTION & RECALL
Topics: Getting Your Dog to Come To You
Behaviors: Attention, Targeting/Recall & Emergency Recall
Class F: STAY
Topics: Building Duration & Creating Solid Stays
Behaviors: Down, Go to Place & Sit-Stay
• Proof of up-to-date Rabies Vaccine is required to participate.
• You may have your veterinarian email this to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a hard copy to your orientation or first class.