Reform School: Sidewalk Psychos
Level 1 – 8 Group Classes ($375) // Level 2 – 6 Group Classes ($300)
If you have a dog that barks, lunges, growls or otherwise behaves aggressively when he sees another dog on leash, this class is for you.
Leash aggression is a common problem in New York City and is both stressful and embarrassing for owners. In a controlled classroom setting with barriers, a trainer and an assistant, your dog will learn how to relax in the presence of other dogs. As an owner, you’ll learn safe handling techniques, how to read your dog’s body language as well as how to apply the concepts of counter-conditioning and desensitization outside the classroom setting to change your dog’s behavior.
• First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only
• Dog must wear either a two-point body harness (we recommend the Freedom Harness or Xtra Dog Fleece Harness) OR a head halter (we recommend the Comfort Trainer) in all classes.
• Owner must also have a treat pouch and a basket muzzle for class (we recommend a Baskerville Ultra for large dogs or an Italian Basket Muzzle for small dogs.)
Sidewalk Psychos – Level 2
• Prerequisite: Sidewalk Psychos Level 1 or instructor permission
• Dogs must be comfortable wearing a basket muzzle around other dogs for close up work